When the world stands still.
Almost overnight, the Coronavirus has become part of our collective consciousness. And everything has changed. This is certainly the case for trade shows and other events whose hallmark is meeting in-person. But what do you do when face-to-face isn’t possible? How do you…?
- Make and keep connections
- Ensure your story is being heard and understood
- Foster meaningful relationships
If you have to move to digital experiences, you need to significantly up-level your communications. We suggest focusing on these key recommendations.
QUALITY: HONE YOUR VALUE STORY
When engaging in person, people don’t expect perfection. For online experiences, that can make you look unprofessional. Make sure your story is:
FOCUS ON PROVING YOUR E-A-T.
EFFICIENCY: KEEP IT CRISP
Shorter is almost always better when it comes to online experiences.
- Avoid wandering, ad hoc communications — have a plan and stick to it
- Keep sentences short and easy to understand — stay out of the weeds
- Eliminate any repetition — audiences will immediately disengage
VISUALS: GET REALLY GOOD AT VISUAL STORYTELLING
We’ve all heard the old adage: a picture is worth a thousand words. The statistics back this up. The use of compelling visuals is even more important in online engagements. Use visuals to:
- Convey complex ideas
- Make data meaningful
- Bring your brand to life
BY 2021, 82% OF INTERNET TRAFFIC WILL BE VIDEO-BASED.
INTERACTIVITY: STRIVE FOR AN EXPERIENCE
Whether you’re streaming a live event or delivering experiences on-demand, design for two-way engagements with:
- Integration of social platforms
- Pop quizzes
CONVENIENCE: KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE
If you ask too much of your audience, they’ll simply opt out. If you don’t want that to happen, make sure you:
- Utilize current, up-to-date technology
- Enable an easy mobile experience
- Make social engagement effortless
PROVIDE A CLEAR CALL TO ACTION AFTER EACH ONLINE EXPERIENCE
If you follow all of these key recommendations, you will deliver excellent communications based on industry-proven best practices. The kind of communications that move people to action.